Saturday, September 17, 2005

him...

- when i was small, he's not even close to be my favourite man. with his stern-looking face, loud voice and strictly no-nonsense,have to say i'm afraid of him at that time.
- we lived very closed to each other and our house was more like second house of his family. he would come to our house after work and spent hours playing solitaire. then he went- 'buat air teh' or 'takde air teh?' Initially grumpy, i began to enjoy serving him. taking his request as a compliment for my lil service.sometimes x sempat mintak, dah siapkan awal2 =)
- during my teen'years, i had this fav green sandals. mase tuh 1st day balik rumah and dia dtg rumah.."haa agak dah mesti ade kat rumah" "tahu mane?" " selipar hijau kat bawah tuh". hmm, i would remember this...
- he's really a family man. my family ourselves relied on him so much. attended my petty requests- cuci gambar, belikan tiket, belikan prepaid card, u name it. he may grumbled a bit but never failed me=) also the only man in this big family who always came up with the idea of 'mandi air terjun' or 'pegi pantai'. ahh, all excited!
- so much into sports, soccer i would say. and the trophies in his house proved it.
- the first to call me 'doctor' when i started doing IB, way before my med school's life. no one else did.
- i always hopped in his car to go to the town. as we parted our way, he would call a few times, just to check on me..asking my whereabout and make sure i'm alrite...honestly even my abah didnt treat me this way..
- he's there during most of my siblings' registration days. seremban, kedah, johor,kl,penang, selangor. as for me, there were ser! puter! and banting. but not in KLIA..
- 1st rejab 1421, 5 days before my flight to melb. he returned to the Al-Mighty. his first heart attack. family was busy preparing for my kenduri doa selamat. turned into kenduri arwah *taking deep breath*. my last memory of him would be the night before, on our way back from kl. he on the praying mat looked longingly at his lil kids.
-remembered the day vividly. God knows how the family felt the loss. i shed no tears on my departure, had enough for 5 days before.
- abah, his bro-in laws was the closest person to him. just put it this way-whatever he bought for himself he paid for two, vice versa. a few times i saw abah's watery eyes after he left us for good. in fact i worried more about abah than ma at that time.

i know Allah loves him but i simply miss him. Al-fatihah to my Ayah Lah.

No comments: