Friday, August 18, 2006

Drama in GP..

i love sitting with CS. she's really erm, 'cheeky' and straight-forward. full of facial expression too.

1. this lady. living in the dark for heart attack, no thanks to her chimney-smoking, overweight and high blood pressure. she refused to stop smoking and i think CS just ran out tricks to persuade her to change some of the lifestyle issue. last resort, CS asked about diabetes in her family and hit it! i thought she got 'scared' a bit and blurted

'i used to like u, C'

of course, jokingly. we (me and CS) just had to laugh.

2. i told CS that i need to find a patient for my chronic illness study. she thought this gentleman would be a good one, providing he talks to no end (???) and is one hell of a survivor. as she's about to get him from the waiting room , shoved me the list of past medical history, my eyes just went wide open and sub-consciously said

' this is too longg!!'


and CS, being who she is ..told the patient towards the end of the consultation

'you know..S(me) and i were talking about finding a patient for a case study and i thought you would be a good choice. but when she looked at your past history, she had a small fit..'

ngaaaaaa...malu!

3. later i was in MY's consulation room. A boy came with a swollen thumb. oh my, that was me 4 years ago. my first month in melb, had first handball experience with the other girls and someone got 'too excited' and rush towards me. swollen and throbbed, but i thought nothing's serious. put up with it for 3 weeks, even joined a netball tournament with it. meanwhile, i was so scared to let my mum knew cos i dont wanna get scolded for being so careless again (i had bad episode of fractured elbow back in 1995) and i dont want her to stop me from playing sports. somehow, a fren persuaded me to go and check with the doctor and Xray showed a fractured thumb. yes, after 3 weeks of ignoring the bulky thumb. nothing much can be done at that stage obviously, but i think it got back to almost normal now. erm, come to think of it...i've had very similar injury with my middle finger during basketball craze but again, i ignored and it painfully healed itself. as A said

'tulang ko nih macam sotong...'

hampehh!

No comments: