Saturday, July 30, 2005

exhausting week with

- assignment dued last friday, and i'm not proud to say that i procrastinated it to the very last day :(

- cardiology rotation with Dr Szto who never ran out of questions about physiology and watsnot. lucky he's inspiring enough for me to do my reading & practise my ECG interpretation skills.

- expected to practise Mini Case Record with Dr Botha, my dear clinical dean with his infamous quote 'you know team, even policeman can diagnose this disease'...erkk, what an expectation from us :p

-Code Blue emergency in the middle of our round . a patient in the other ward had arrest, followed Andrea the registra & Vinod the intern to the place of scene. this was my 1st experience and were looking from the door. more than 10 dr's & nurses were there, trying to resuscitate & getting details about the patient. in the middle of things, a lady came & said to the crowd "she's documented NFR" -not for resuscitate. things happened so fast but all i can remeber was my registra keep on trying to save her untill she's asystole (no heart output). eventho i thot i dealt with this experience quite well, still had my partner for this rotation checking on me more than once. a bit puzzled. later i thot maybe the 'muka terkejut' i failed to get rid of. then when i asked for the reason of his concern, he simply said "its not everyday u watch death in the hospital'. n yes, its not everybody who is thoughtful to u.

having said that, i'm totally suprised. way beyond my expectation. hmm ok, expectation is a bad choice of word i think...

sedar diri bukan bermakna rendah diri.

No comments: