Saturday, November 17, 2007

SAID VS VERDICT

Sometimes we let people talk too much into our mind and do not let ourselves venture a little bit more in life. We thought lower than what we actually are. I learnt my lesson, although not in hard way but significant enough to write this.

Said: When i got the offer to do IB in KMB, i freaked out because from what i've heard from my brother who did A-level a few years back in the same college; it's gonna be TOUGH. from his observation, i would not have much leisure time and all i need to do was study or be outside of my room. I got all teary and confused; it took my aunt to comfort me and suggested me to take it up first and see how it goes.

Verdict: In reality, yes it was tough to pass the exam and keep up with all the brainers when i was so used to take up study at my own pace but i saw past the curriculum hurdle during my 2 years over there. it was a hell lot of fun. I'm glad to be part of the Med3 clan with our great PD camping, girls' night talk, birthday practical tricks and endless presentations where everyone got hysterical over the jokes. I'm glad to be part of the theater team with a few productions, RSJ to be named as the highlight. I'm mostly glad to try out basketball and had my passion in this sports since. I'm glad with our charity activities during PDK that it became my first exposure with the special kids. I'm glad to be part of Block F clan when we got to be-friend with everyone and occupied the ironing area late at night with the close ones chatting away. So my brother was right to say that i probably would not be in my room as often as i was busy making my college life as memorable as it could be while at the same time maintaining my average grade. I would not wish to do my college year anywhere else but with my KMB clan and doing IB had been an enriching experience inside out.

Said: I was given the notion that reading medicine would mean the end of life. It's going to be a nerve-wrecking hurdle and by the end of it, i would pretty much be lost myself out of the pressure. My mum did not want me to go through that experience as what she had heard from other people, thus the different expectation about my future career earlier on. I was given the idea that it's going to be a regretful decision to embark in this profession and expected to bail out sooner or later. M0nash would be a tough choice because of its integrated system.


Verdict: I could not see myself doing anything other than medicine, I've found my passion here. I love my student life, it's enriching and balanced. I played netball/basketball every year, i kept in touch with my best buddies from high school/college in particular outside meddies, i represented International Advisory Commitee and travelled interstate or across the ocean over the holiday. I learnt more than anatomy and physiology fraction of medicine, i learnt about human body and myself. I loved both scientific and common sense of medicine. I improved a lot of life skills over little clinical incidents and observed the growing interest in understanding the concept and body system. I'm aware about my average knowledge but i'm more than happy to keep on learning about it. M0nash and medicine are the two best things in my life. I revived my strength during the 5 years journey too.

With these two experiences i had in life,

Said: i'm submitting myself to ridiculous working hours next year in M'sia and would get drown in massive pressure as an intern. There's no way i would avoid anxiety and depression as there's not much of support available there and i would probably be left on my own most of the time managing the ward. I would be treated like a dog and it's horrible. it's all even worst if i am to choose public hospital!

Verdict: If other people could go through this early phase, i would too. Like it or not, i need to become an intern before coming up as resident regardless where i'll be working. Malaysia is where my family and good friends are for me to maintain life outside medicine. I have the best help and support anyone could ever ask for-The ALMIGHTY. HE will be the one who help me to be in the best working team and supportive colleagues, HE will be the one who calm me and guide me through whenever i got a code(read: emergency), HE will be the one who make my 2nd attempt for IV successful. HE will be the one who let me come to term with my clinical abilities at present and stop from pushing myself too much. HE will be the one who lead my clinical reasoning. Public hospital would be a great chance to a continuum exposure in medicine. Practise makes perfect, that's what they said. Self-development is achievable to those who are willing to participate.

If i look like a smug or sound too good to be true, that's just me wanting to experience life before anyone else dictate it for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

be a true doctor by definition..

not a doctor by the name..

=)

all the best sugar!

and congratssss!

its been a long journey n u've made it thru

*clap* *clap*

*hugsss*

Anonymous said...

*HUGS*

will keep your words in mind..insya Allah ;)

thank u, thank u for being there all along..u're a gem, sugar!

Anonymous said...

haih..sugar lg..

ok la tukar name senang..

ko honey aku sugar ok??

konpius btol..haha

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA, tanak tanak...

aku rasa aku dah double check tau tapi still silap lagi...ya ampunnn, honey!

registered..i'm sugar;)