Wednesday, January 09, 2008

In less than 3 weeks

At first, i thought i should just ignore all the frustration and angst until it explodes again yesterday when i chatted with one of my guardian angels, i spilled half of everything to her. So i guess i still need to let these weariness out of my system, for once. It's unbelievable that i've just been here for more than 3 weeks. it does feels more than that.

1. In regard to the outburst last time, i would like to relate to this report

I used JETTA EXPRESS to ship my personal belongings from Australia to Malaysia. I have paid for all the expenses (MEL-KB) and was instructed by the company to contact MAS CARGO at Kota Bharu.

However on the day itself, i was asked to go through the MAS CARGO agent before i could pick up my baggage and 'forced' to pay up to RM270 for an ambiguous bill. My other friend only paid RM44 for the custom clearance without using the agent in KLIA. I was told that MAS CARGO agent in Kedah also charged up to RM100 for the made-up fees.

I will bring this matter to the authority if nothing's being done to this corruption.

Best regards

In addition: MAS cargo acted 'lepas tangan' when i contacted them back, the clerk and managing director of the agent were very rude, arrogant and have poor customer service when i tried to rationale things right with them; clearly there's big discrepancy for the amount i've got to pay (and they have the nerve to hold on to my bag if i refused to pay); they claimed that i was already been given 25% DISCOUNT for their services; the agent's services was no better than doing the custom clearance myself( as my friend did it herself for the same freaking 5 hours).

2. This wasn't that bad. It was during the interview with Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam when the panel (seorang datuk) smirked after i answered his question about my hospital preference after all the formal interview ended. I did not resist myself from saying, with a straight face...

"May i correct your misconception? People always have this misconception about ME, being a Kelantanese and wanting to work to Kelantan. But that's not my reason. The reason is because i want to use the language advantage to communicate better with my patients"

he nodded and smiled, impressed. I did not expect this casual question and plan to answer this way but i would not be satisfied with the interview, had i not. Too tired of people's skepticism about the state sentiment.

3. Five years of living on my own, having the independence of mobility and good space of mine, it's not too much to say that there's A LOT to adjust. I have to give a lot more than what i get back (from certain people), i have to depend on others for a lot of things, i have to put up and bear. It got overwhelmed, from time to time. I need to escape.

Thankfully, another guardian angel assured me some time ago that it's not where i am (physically) at the moment but where my heart is that matters, for the place to be called home. I'm glad i know where it is.

No comments: