Wednesday, June 09, 2004

heh, couldnt believe the 14 weeks of CPP is over and today is my last visit to Eltham Judge Book Vilage...

fair enough to say that it is a relief from

1. 2 hours journey back and fro to Eltham every wednesday, minus occasional trips to the city (visiting melbourne zoo and attending Melbourne Citymission evaluation session)

2. pushing wheelchairs to the coffee shop and down to Willandra(heh, its a nice workout though!). I tell you it can be a bit longer journey with this 'heavy' vehicle.

3. some boring waiting time before the activities can actually start.

4. cramming my head to finish off the CPP critical learning incident and project final report.

5. sleeping off earlier on the day for muscle pain or simply being tired.

6. familiar foul odour in the cottage and dementia room

7. having the thought that some other colleagues were actually enjoying their day-off for having CPP next sem (bohoo!!))

but here's the list of i-will-miss's

1.my supervisor aka judy who has been really NICE and APPRECIATIVE..

2. fellow residents that i made acquintances with eventhough they can hardly remember my name..

3. the monthly concert with the nicely-costumed couple and the songs are mostly unknown to me..

4. 'nibble and cake' shop that introduced me to craving soy chips with honey and mustard (lagi sedap dari maruku, heheh)

5. Eltham shopping center with its always-on-sale sports shop (owh, i long for the shoes now!)

personally is has been priceless experiences for me working in this environment and dealing with these generation...

..i have been asked whether i'm a nun for having my head covered* grin*
..i experienced dealing with grief-striken couple and at the same time,the agony of losing my dearest late uncle ( few days before me 1st coming to melb) was still there..
..i was hugged by people i hardly knew and received nice lil thought from them
..i was drilled with questions about my marriage plan by 90-year-old-lady
..i smiled and laughed at their sweet wonderful stories
..i felt sorry for their misfortune and learnt to appreciate my life
..i cherished every special moment with them for i may not have another chance to experience this again
..i acknowledged the vibrancy of life is continuous and ageing is just part of living process
..i left them with one wish: may they have wonderful life in the years ahead

owhh, i really cant stop myself: HORRAYY for wed-off next sem!!

No comments: