Thursday, June 08, 2006

Since I have Friday off..

..so today's literally my last day of paediatric rotation. it has been a pleasant experience for me, especially during the last 4 weeks in DH. i am really really satisfied and contented with my time there. got along well with the registra, made good effort to turn up for the ward rounds and attached myself to the team. clinics have been really useful in term of grasping the concept of some complex illness and observing that parenthood doesnt come with a complete manual. case presentation that taught me a lot about putting my best effort into something as i was full of i-couldnt-be-bothered attitude.

little patients that stole my heart away. true enough, they could be very handful and all cranky when 1st came to the hospital, made you sometimes pitiful over their pain of needles and strange environment. but even so, be it shy away, cry irritably or plainly look sick they were worth the care and love. if you were patient enough to wait for some days when they are back to their self, those smiles and happy faces made you day instantaneously. no doubt. just for the sake of bragging, more than once the registra would turn to me and say 'the boy/girl likes you, S'...ohh yeah *shrug* its just because i often made the kids smile and laugh just by eye contacts and lil bit of faces' effort. i'm flattered nonetheless.

i guess the good thing about kids' unit is you get to act like a kid and there's no one to laugh at you if you do so.

next. my group mates? i had great time hanging out with them during lunch, working on our DLA together, laughing over a bit of drama for stuffing up one of the community visits. I may not be talkative but to sit along, listen to their crap talk and budded in once in a while wasnt bad at all. heheh. a bunch of fun ppl, they surely are.

and hows hottie H? he's good. i listened to a lot of nice 'testimonials' from the other colleagues about him so i guess i'm not the only one who are seeing him the way i am now. no way i'm talking about some sweet talk, he's far better without that. just remind me to write about him more next time. if anyone bothers to know, that is. if you ask me now, i'd say i would love to have our path crossed again. damn, i'm smiling!!

No comments: