Thursday, October 11, 2007

THE END IS THE BEGINNING

I am observing the end of Ramadhan.

Kumengharapkan Ramadhan kali ini penuh makna
Agar dapat kulalui dengan sempurna

Alhamdulillah, i have a very meaningful one this year. meaningful for two different reasons- blessings to fully embrace it and reasons for who i am becoming.

I am deeeply contented with my 2 weeks of M'sian experience-be it the food (ehem), imarah Ramadhan or simply my loved ones. I would never ask for more, I had everything i wanna had.

From 2nd day of Ramadhan to 4 days away from Eid. I was tested one after another. To say that i am not affected would be an overstatement but nonetheless, with every test HE bestowed me strength and most importanly, patience (because that's my lacking trait). I'm not proud of the silent curse that slipped out from my mouth out of angst or buckets of tears flowing to make me feel better but i am standing tall otherwise. I braved through each even if not in stride, but at least with acceptance. redha with whatever HE wanted me to let go. Nobody but myself know how i did and how i felt. During each trial he put me under, i observed the change in self. Allah must've loved me very much, must not HE?

I am certain to finish up the effort if not for a personal reason, forbidden to continue. As i am not able to read the ending, frustration is unavoidable but i know I actually achieved victory. This quiet journey has been the sweetest thing of all during the month-the most satisfying, the most precious, the most solitary experience. It also gives me assurance that whatever i am going to do, i only need to put it in my mind and I will make it through.

Hopefully and insya Allah, this will be my last experience abroad. Certainly i will miss all the difference- time for myself, personal effort to prepare iftar and our own way to imarah the holy month.

Ramadhan this time completed me. ALHAMDULILLAH.

To all my dearest friends (and you, silent reader)...

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI.
MOHON MAAF ANDAI ADA YANG TERSILAP KATA ATAU TERKASAR BAHASA.

Insya Allah, this year will be my last year celebrating Eid in Melbourne. I will miss this feeling-bittersweet. Melancholic at the thought of family back home, it used to bring tears everytime. So, I'd rather not think about it, but planning in my head what's to prepare for the raya pot luck. Apple crumble!

Hmm, thinking of feasting on roti jala & kuzi ayam for 2nd day of raya too..nyum!

No comments: