Thursday, September 21, 2006

For today only..

- Both my GP tutors made me promised to go and see doctor tomorrow. hmmm, kisahnya macam nih..as far as i can remember, say since 13 years old a lot of ppl have been commenting on my neck. goitre or lumpy neck. since it didnt bother me much, i ignored it. came to melb & learnt about thyroid and stuff, still i dont see any point of checking it out. its like there's no symptom so i dont wanna make a big of fuss about it. ok, it got a bit more noticeable whenever i'm struggling but thats about it. so it's been there for years...
this year, i noticed a small bump on the side of the lump. still, i didnt do anything, yeah, tell me about bad medical student. i thought if it's bad, i should be able to notice the changes to my body..

so today, i casually asked my GP tutor (CS) to have a look. the moment she saw it, she knew.

'Have you seen the doc about this'
*grin and shook my head*
'Have you had it checked? blood test?'
*grin and explained abit..shook my head again*
'When was the last time you have the ultrasound/CT scan (not even sure which one)?'
*grin and shook my head*
'Who's treating you at the moment about the thyroid?'
*grin and shook my head*

omg, i'm bad. CS had this 'unbelievable' look and started on how more-than-necessary for me to get it check..erkk, i'm out of defense lines. as i thought that was it, she told the next GP (MY ) whom i sat with later of the day. so, they are going to check on me next week whether i've done all the necessary. oh my, as if they can read my mind contemplating to postpone it to week after i finish my case study report. *innocent grin*

-I decided to find another case study (refer line above). the deadline is week after next so i'm suprised how composed i am now. kinda putting it at risk but i guess i just have to do it. i know the previous one is not a bad choice but when teenager's involved in mental health, there are so many aspect i need to cover so i'm not that comfortable to write it up. this decision came up after discussion with CS, as she might have noticed how unsettled and not-performing i was these few weeks. so i decided to give it another go tommorow so that i can work on it over the weekend. *pray hard*

i guess i'll be fine tomorrow. for both of the above.

No comments: